Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog Post #1

My name is Katelin Rosenkranz and I am taking independent clay at YVCC.  One of my goals this quarter is to make functional plates.  I like to make uniform sets or pairs of functional pieces but I have yet to make plates.  This was my goal at the end of last winter quarter and I just ran out of time.  By the end of the quarter I would like to make four small and large matching plates with four bowls and 4 mugs that also match.   I’m not sure if I’m going to use different glazing or carving techniques to make this a matching set but I know that I want them not only to look the same off the wheel and be able to stack nicely but also visually look the same.  I would like to do some glaze test pieces before I glaze the set so I can see exactly what I want them to turn out to be like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment