Friday, October 7, 2011

Blog Post #3: Progress

My progress so far has been steady. I started out about where I was last winter and have progresses a little.  I made a set of four drinking glasses and four coffee mugs.  On all eight of the cups I made the bottoms a little too shallow so I was unable to carve a foot underneath so I smoothed out the bottoms and I actually like that a lot.   I also made a pitcher that is bigger than any other that I have made thus far.  The pitcher is heavier than what I would like so I will need to do some trimming but I like the shape.  I am working on a carving piece that I really like so I hope it turns out!

I would like to be able to work faster or more efficiently than I do now.  Sometimes I catch myself working on a piece for too long and it looks the same as it did before.  So I am going to work on being more productive with my time and not worry so much about things being perfect.  After all they are being hand built.

No comments:

Post a Comment